Ryan Pernice, local restaurant owner, talks about being a Roswell Graduate

Ryan+Pernice+%28right%29+and+his+brother+Daniel%28left%29+are+working+towards+making+quality+restaurants+for+the+Roswell+area.%7C+Photo%3A+Ryan+Pernice+

Ryan Pernice (right) and his brother Daniel(left) are working towards making quality restaurants for the Roswell area.| Photo: Ryan Pernice

Bridget Frame, Photography Captain, Editor of the News Page

Ryan Pernice grabs an espresso shot before our interview.  This is fitting, as he is always on the move as the founder of three well-known, popular restaurants in the Roswell area: Table and Main, Osteria Mattone, and Coalition, as well as being the head of RO Hospitality, a company he founded in 2011. Young and upcoming, this Roswell graduate had plenty to say about his success, as well as his time at Roswell.

He found his passion in restaurants, but believes that finding a passion shouldn’t be stressful. “Even in my generation, I think people stress too much about finding what do I want to do, as if it’s one thing, and I think that’s too limiting,” he said when asked about what advice he would give to a young student looking at their future.

Pernice knew he wanted to go into the restaurant business when he started working at a restaurant in high school. After graduating in 2003, this devotion developed into his thriving restaurant career in Roswell, which has produced three popular, local spots for the community. The restaurants are known for their incredible food and service, which launches Pernice into well-deserving success. Pernice remembers his time in Roswell well.

Pernice during his sophomore year at Roswell High School. | photo: Bridget Frame

“I was student body president my senior year… Playing on the lacrosse team was a big memory.” “Working in a restaurant was one of the strongest experiences I had in Roswell,” he also mentioned. Students can find inspiration in his success by discovering their own passion and success in the future, too. He said, “Find out what you’re good at, what you like to do, and try to keep an eye towards what you think will make money someday.”

Pernice had one more thing to add before our interview ended. “We’re always hiring, as I mentioned working at a restaurant was on of the strongest experiences I had in Roswell…so go to our website and apply!”