The Sting

• December 12Spring semester seminars is now open! Register through the new TAG website.

• December 12Finals week is next week! Study hard and end the semester on a great note!

• December 12Help the AVID 10 class collect donations for charities from Dec. 4th-14th in E111!

• December 3Be Smart - Restart! Remember to restart your surface tablets today!

• November 28December 14th- Roswell's annual Powder Puff game! Show out!

How are Seniors Coping with Senior-itis

Back to Article
Back to Article

How are Seniors Coping with Senior-itis

“My smile when Roswell is in the lead, is brighter than no other! I love supporting the boys” says Kamryn.| Photo: Jakai Spikes

Jakai Spikes, Staff Writer

How do seniors cope with the dreaded senior-itis? Some local seniors offered to comment on how they are dealing with this issue. One of Roswell’s Cheer Captains, senior Kamryn Tucker, had a lot to say about how she handles being cheer captain and being a senior: “Senior-itis to me is the point in your senior year where you have lost all motivation to do any school work or make good grades. It follows with showing up late to school every week and procrastination with the smallest of things.”

“Personally, coping with senior-itis is rough especially because it’s incurable. Waking up late for school is a regular occurrence, as well as waiting till the next day to rush and finish all of my homework. Not only that, senior-itis makes you crave the college life, the fun, the freedom and the new beginning. It’s an unpredictable occurrence throughout your senior year and is essentially inevitable,” Tucker responded.

“GOOOOO ROSWELL!” Kamryn and her teammates cheer on and whirl around their microphones as kickoff approaches. |Photo: Jakai Spikes

Shifting her response, she gives upcoming seniors some advice to avoid ‘senior-itis’: “Advice I would give to upcoming seniors is to stay determined and motivated because all your hard work will pay off, have fun and don’t stress because the year will be over before you know it, and remember to cherish every moment you have left in high school because senior year is filled with lasts.” 

Camoren Perez, senior, explained his similar side of the story of how he copes and advice for  upcoming seniors. “Senior-itis is the readiness of leaving high school, being ready to be on your own, not being treated like a minor anymore. The thought of you about to be on your own excites you and sometimes causes you to forget about your responsibilities while still in highs chool,” Perez stated. “Being a senior have you experienced senior-itis?” Perez replied with a sense of humour saying, “Of course I experienced Senior-itis, I feel like I made that definition,” Perez replied with a sense of humour. When asked “Is there any other advice that you would like to give our upcoming seniors here at Roswell High?” Perez answered: “To upcoming seniors: push through, keep going. You’ve made it this far so make it count! Respect your teachers and other senior students, you guys are in this together for the main goal in May”.

LEFT TO RIGHT we have Xiya Dillon, Cameron Perez, Kamryn Tucker all dressed out in their camo!! |Photo: Jakai Spikes