The Sting

• December 12Spring semester seminars is now open! Register through the new TAG website.

• December 12Finals week is next week! Study hard and end the semester on a great note!

• December 12Help the AVID 10 class collect donations for charities from Dec. 4th-14th in E111!

• December 3Be Smart - Restart! Remember to restart your surface tablets today!

• November 28December 14th- Roswell's annual Powder Puff game! Show out!

What makes RHS football?

Back to Article
Back to Article

What makes RHS football?

The following photo shows Hopper discussing the next play with his teammates and coaches.

Carson Koproc

Carson Koproc

Carson Koproc

Jakai Spikes, Staff Writer

Would Roswell Football be the same without the continuous support of fans, the crazy flour toss at kickoff, every Friday the seniors dressing out in camo and representing their class, and all the other unforgettable traditions?

Sitting down with one of the members of the football team, Tyron Hopper, it is important to get his opinion as a football player, and what personally reminds him of what ‘makes’ football here at Roswell High.

When asked about what made him proud to be a Roswell Hornet, Hopper responded, “Just seeing the families and fans, honestly. The fans really make RHS football because they’re our number 1 supporters. They lift us up, encourage us and keep us motivated. Even when we are devastated about a loss, they always keep positive energy and remind us that we are the best”.

Every athlete has their personal remedy of what gets them excited or pumped before they go out to play. What was his personal remedy?

He stated that “Hearing everyone scream our names, seeing our coaches hype us up, and our families in the stands showing us love gets me really excited and constantly reminds me of how grateful I am to be a part of a team that has such good energy. We really are a big family”.

One of our very own players Tyron Hopper, running straight to the touchdown and keeping the Hornets in the lead. Photo by Bessma Abutunis.

Hopper continued, “ One of the last things that really makes Roswell football is the family aspect, because the practices that no one sees but us, and the locker room festivities reminds me that we are more than just teammates… we are brothers”.