The Sting

• December 12Spring semester seminars is now open! Register through the new TAG website.

• December 12Finals week is next week! Study hard and end the semester on a great note!

• December 12Help the AVID 10 class collect donations for charities from Dec. 4th-14th in E111!

• December 3Be Smart - Restart! Remember to restart your surface tablets today!

• November 28December 14th- Roswell's annual Powder Puff game! Show out!

Filed under Blogs, Music

LCD Soundsystem’s astounding live performance

A large crowd showed up to see the little-known band perform at Shaky Knees in 2017. Photo Credit: Fiona McAleer

LCD Soundsystem is one of my favorite bands. They are an American Indie Rock group that has become increasingly more popular since their formation in 2002. I grew up listening to their music and I was thrilled to find out that they were playing at Shaky Knees in May of 2017. My family and I went to the festival and saw amazing bands perform such as Pixies and Cage The Elephant. When the sun had set and darkness engulfed Centennial Olympic Park, the crowd became restless in front of the LCD Soundsystem stage. The band walked onto the stage and there was an eruption of smoke and bright lights. A giant disco ball spun from the stage ceiling, causing twinkling lights to grace over the mesmerized audience members. It was amazing to see the number of intricate instruments that were used to create the unique LCD Soundsystem music. The instruments used included the standard keyboard, percussion, and vocals. However, the distinct instrument is the use of synthesizers. Synthesizers are best described as electronics that can produce varying sounds that alter sound frequencies. Even though there were many band members along with instruments, the band found a way to organize it so that the music sounded strangely beautiful. The set ended with one of my favorite songs, “New York, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down”. I will never forget walking through Atlanta as the sounds of LCD Soundsystem echoed through the peaceful city.