Taking a look into the swim season so far

Back to Article
Back to Article

Roswell students diving towards greatness
Photo Credit: Emma Dolson

Roswell students diving towards greatness Photo Credit: Emma Dolson

The students on the swim team are working to have a successful season while having fun. Junior Emma Dolson gave an update on the swim team so far. She explained that the swim team has participated in five meets, with the boys’ team winning one meet so far.

I talked to junior Kelly Foit to learn more about the team. Kelly has started swimming when she was around five years old and has been swimming for eleven years. Kelly described some of the practice schedules to me and explained that the most difficult part is “having to wake up at 5:00 in the morning.” Despite having to wake up early, Kelly said that swimming on the team is still amazing because of the camaraderie. She also said that some of her favorite parts of swimming for the school include Mrs. Bethune’s awesome playlists during practice and the chocolate milk given out after competitions.

Along with talking to members of the swim team, I wanted to learn more about the dive team as well. I talked to junior Evan Childress to acquire more information on the dive team. Evan is a former gymnast that has been on the dive team since freshman year. Evan explained that in dive everyone knows each other because there are only two people including him. “[The dive team has] gotten first at 2 to 3 dive meets,” said Evan.

After exploring the Roswell swim and dive teams, it is evident that the teams love what they are doing. They not only enjoy competing, but they also enjoy the companionships that have been developed.