The Student News Site of Roswell High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

Six dream symbols and what they might mean

Graphic Credit: Cami Schiappa

Graphic Credit: Cami Schiappa

Graphic Credit: Cami Schiappa

Graphic Credit: Cami Schiappa

1. Being Chased- most people have nightmares of feeling chased, either by an unknown force or a recognizable one. According to studies, this generally relates back to finally facing a problem and is considered a good sign for most. It is supposed to encourage solutions to the problem that may be on one’s mind.
  2. Falling- Falling can relate to one’s own life problems, such as a major stress-inducing change, something you cannot fix easily. As falling is something that’s incredibly stressful and unable to be fixed once done, it can represent hopelessness one feels about life events.
  3. Teeth- Many have dreams of their teeth falling out – generally meaning either someone you love is in trouble, or it is a symbol of one’s countenance literally falling apart. It can be interpreted as a loss of confidence due to the loss of teeth.
  4. Being Late– Dreaming of being late may be a sign of being overwhelmed and having too much on one’s plate they can’t seem to catch up on. Being late is constituted as a sign the dreamer needs to focus on less tasks at once.
  5. Flying- Can symbolize an out-of-control situation in one’s life, and the dreamer coming to terms with it. As the dreamer flies, it is constituted as finally letting go of an event or problem.
  6. Test Taking- These dreams induce high-stress, which is a reflection of your psyche in the ways of being stressed from work or school, and to also stay alert. Perfectionists often have dreams such as these.  

The Sting • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in