Lady hornets are getting hyped for the new basketball season

Grace Swift, Staff Writer

Hornets are getting hyped for the new  girl’s basketball season. A year removed from an Elite 8 run, the basketball team hopes to go even further this season. The team lost some seniors this year to college, including Lindsay Pruitt (Emmanuel College) and Kennedy Powell (Georgia State University). 

The freshmen are also getting ready to try-out for the team and see what team they make. They are also starting to warm-up and get ready for the season. When asked about what she has done to get ready for the new season, Katie Northenor said,

”I have gone to many camps including through the school and other camps as well to work on my skills and my chemistry with other players. I am very excited to see how far my teammates and I go. I am also excited to be playing as a true Hornet and represent [sic] my school.”  

G-Rox Photography
Sophomore Liat Klemm takes on Cherokee High School

As a whole, the team has been going through conditioning, like lifting and running. While they are trying to get fit for the new season, they also work on ball skills and work as a unit. The team went to many tournaments over the summer as well to get them in the game mind-set and see how well they worked together for the new season. 

With new players comes more amazing talent for the team, allowing the team to thrive in areas they might not have before. Hopefully, with this new talent will bring more success and more wins.