Shop with a Hornet brings holiday cheer to Roswell

The Shop with a Hornet shirt that student volunteers will be wearing the day of the event. Photo Credit: Smriti Tayal

Holiday festivities are coming to Roswell on Saturday, Dec. 14, as the school’s National Honors Society hosts Shop with a Hornet. About twenty Roswell North Elementary students who don’t have the resources to buy presents for the holidays will arrive at Roswell High School for a long day of holiday fun.

Each child will be paired up with a group of three or more high school students and the group will take a bus over to Target. There, each kid will receive 100 dollars, where they can buy something for themselves, as well as presents for their family members. After this shopping extravaganza, the students will return to Roswell, where they will wrap their gifts with the help of high schoolers. Throughout the exciting day, Sting (Roswell’s mascot) will join these students during the shopping fun, gift-wrapping and other various activities.

Throughout the day, students can look forward to a McDonald’s breakfast and loads of pizza. Roswell hopes to sponsor at least thirty elementary students. In order to help fund this one-day event and make these students’ holiday season, please consider donating here. In addition to their wrapped presents, every elementary student will receive a swag bag of Roswell merch and a grocery gift card to take home to their family.

Senior Saima Firoj shared what she’s looking forward to the most: “I’m most excited to help kids experience something that they don’t normally get to do, as they come from low-income backgrounds. I’m grateful for the opportunity to give back to the community and to bring some extra joy to kids who otherwise may not have received as much during this holiday season.”

Shop with a Hornet is sure to make hearts burst as the whole community will be brought together in order to bring some holiday cheer to these lucky elementary students. Roswell High School is sure going to be a holiday hoot on Dec. 14.