Can crystals benefit us?

Natalie Navarra, Staff Writer

Recently, I have been exploring the world of crystals. A few of the youtubers I watch often talk about crystals and how it has benefited their lives, so I got some crystals to see if they actually have benefits. I have had my doubts about if this is real, but I wanted to give it a try since I have heard so many positive things about it.

“To me, crystals are used to bring energy, confidence, and luck. Many people are drawn to certain crystals and use them for comfort. I have crystals around my room and in my backpack, so that I can have one wherever I go. They can bring clarity and better energy into space,” said sophomore Naomi Strauss.

I have three different types of crystals. I have a moonstone ring, rose quartz ring and a lot of amethysts because it is my birthstone. Moonstones are supposed to raise intuition, rose quartz strengthens love and amethysts help to decrease negativity and anxiety. These crystals also have other benefits too. I figured wearing these crystals everyday would be the best way to get results.

After wearing these crystals for about a month, and I have mixed feelings about them. First of all, I am really happy that I bought them because they are very pretty. However, I am unsure about their benefits. I felt like they did not change much in my life and I felt the same.

Credit unsplash
Crystals come in many different shapes and colors.

There were some instances when small things would happen and I would question if it was because of the crystal. When I got an A on the math test I did not study for, I wondered if it was because of the crystals. 

I think I just expected for the crystals to dramatically improve my life, which was naive. Just because I wear a rose quartz ring does not mean I will instantly meet the love of my life. I do think they do give me a sense of comfort and confidence though, which I admire. 

I like the idea of crystals, but I am still not sure if they actually have benefits. I think it is really cool, and I respect admire the people who are really into crystals. I think I will continue to buy crystals just because they are pretty, and I am intrigued about how each crystal has so many benefits.  

At the end of the day, you have to try incorporating crystals in your life to see and decide if you personally believe in them. It is a personal decision. I definitely think you should give it a try.