Seniors Bid Farewell to the Sting

The+8+seniors+on+the+Staff+of+the+Roswell+Sting+pose+for+a+group+picture.+Their+final+year%2C+as+with+all+school-related+activities%2C+was+cut+short+due+to+the+pandemic+of+COVID-19.+

Megan Volpert

The 8 seniors on the Staff of the Roswell Sting pose for a group picture. Their final year, as with all school-related activities, was cut short due to the pandemic of COVID-19.

For these past four years at Roswell, we have all been so lucky to have been a part of a community where school spirit runs high and students feel connected. While our senior year was cut short due to circumstances out of our control, we are more than thankful for all the amazing memories we made on staff at The Sting. Here are some messages from The Sting’s Senior Class of 2020.

“There is no class that has been more influential on my life than this one.” -Smriti Tayal

Smriti Tayal, left, and Bridget Frame, right, pose with Spencer, a student at the University of Georgia at their Media ad Leadership Summer Program.

“What I will miss most about newspaper will be the friends I have made over my four years. I would have never met them if it was not for this class. I’m incredibly thankful for the opportunities I’ve been given and that newspaper helped me discover a love of journalism.” 

Bridget Frame

“I’ll miss the people the most. I made my first friends at Roswell High School in that class, so it will always hold a special place in my heart.” – Natalie Navarra

Megan Volpert

“I’ll miss the friends I made and the satisfaction of writing articles I’m passionate about. While my time on staff was sadly cut short, I’m still incredibly grateful for the memories and lifelong friends I have made as well as to Volpert.” – Isabella Cordell

Smriti Tayal
Ava Weinreb and Emma Guglielmo are 2 of the Sting’s 8 seniors.

“I will miss the laughs, backroom gossip sessions, chaotic team buildings every Friday, and the last minute layout stress. Thank you to the staff, old and new, for making D106 the special place that it is, I’m so grateful for the little news family I got to be a part of for 4 years and I will miss every single one of the news nerds.” – Ava Weinreb

“I have enjoyed being in a class that makes me feel comfortable yet totally myself these past 4 years. I can’t explain how I’m going to miss eating snacks, sharing stories, and messing around everyday in newspapers. The friendships I made and lessons I’ve learned will forever be cherished.” – Sylvia Nelson

“I will miss the family aspect of the newspaper because we are always super inclusive with our staff and we appreciate each other and our creative ideas. I will miss Mrs. Volpert because she always pushes me to be the best I can be, she identifies when I am not putting my best foot forward, and out of a teacher there’s not more that I could ask from her. I am thankful for the opportunity to have my writing exposed on the school network and I appreciate Roswell High School for giving me this platform.” – Jakai Spikes

“When I joined the newspaper I was a sophomore and I knew absolutely no one in the class, but I am so glad that I continued to stay in the class, because there is no class that has been more influential on my life than this one. I will miss all these amazing and diverse friendships I made. Some of my favorite memories are the gossip sessions in the back room, helping the younger kids, scavenger hunts during team building, ramen dinners at JINYA, and our unforgettable trip to NYC. I am forever grateful for everyone I have gotten to meet through The Sting.” – Smriti Tayal

“Although I’ve only been a part of the news family for my senior year, it feels like I’ve been there forever. Everyone has been nothing but welcoming, joyful, and passionate. From the friends I’ve made to the skills I’ve learned, The Sting and all of its memories have a special place in my heart, and I am so thankful for that.” – Emma Guglielmo