How our athletes miss their fans

No fans means no support to fire the players up when they truly need it.
Photo credit: @henry_be

No fans means no support to fire the players up when they truly need it. Photo credit: @henry_be

Grady Johnson, Staff Writer

As one probably knows, COVID 19 has caused many people to be stuck at home, waiting for life to return to normal. The real question is how high school sports are going to be affected around the state of Georgia.

Many people believe that players will miss having the fans in attendance at the games, due to that it will affect how they play. Fans as we know bring a whole new atmosphere to the game when they are there supporting their favorite team.

The fans also inspire so many players to go on the field each and every day to accomplish more things than they ever could And the players appreciate and acknowledge this each day as they prepare themselves to play and get ready for the game.

Due to COVID-19 the players didn’t seem to be affected by the lack of fans, but many people had noticed watching the different sports on TV, that the players were not affected by the fans not being there. “I think they have probably adjusted to the difference in the surrounding and adjusted to COVID-19 throughout it and not adjusting to not having the roar of the fans to cheer us on” says junior Garrett Rothwell. “In addition to that I think Roswell players will be affected without having the fans to cheer them on”. 

“I think they are feeling weird about progressing without fans being there and once someone contracts the COVID-19 virus the season will come to a screeching halt” says sophomore Ryan Sargent.