The Sting

• January 15AP Students pick up a copy of the 2018-19 AP Bulletin from Student Services!

• January 14MLK Jr. Day: No School January 21st.

• January 14Save the Date! Winter Formal @RHS on January 26th!

• November 28Roswell's annual Powder Puff game has been postponed to next semester. More updates to come!

Filed under Blogs, Gaming

Preview of Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

A little insight of what is to come for PES 2019.

Background:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 (or simply PES 2019, as often called by some gamers) is an
upcoming title in the PES series for the XBOX ONE, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows.
The game will be released on August 28th, 2018. Players on the cover will be Barcelona’s
Philippe Coutinho, while the special edition would have David Beckham, one of the legends in
the game. While the game has some amount of hype like FIFA, especially after the success of the
2018 FIFA World Cup, the game has some new content but it will be much more different than
before.

FC Barcelona team celebrates after a goal.

(Credit: 2013download.com)

Content:
Konami did their best to get more licensing to put into the game, and they delivered. The game,
according to Konami, have leagues from France, Denmark, Scotland, England, and such.
However, it did not come without some losses. After the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final at
Kiev, Ukraine, their partnership with UEFA has been terminated. That means that the UEFA
Champions League, the UEFA Europa League, and the UEFA Super Cup will not be present
within the game. Konami decided that they would not renew their license. Instead, the license
was acquired by EA Sports, and will be used in their next installment, FIFA 19. Not only that,
they lost their partnership with Borussia Dortmund from Germany, one of the top teams in the
Bundesliga. And alongside Atlético Nacional from Colombia and some others, they will not
appear in the game. Also, the Serie A will be dubbed as the Italian League. However, FC
Schalke 04 took up the partnership, as well as with AS Monaco from France. In total, there are
293 out of 355 clubs that are licensed. Well, licensing is pretty hard to get if you want to make a
good game. But if I was a Borussia Dortmund fan and had plenty of money, I probably wouldn’t
even touch the game.

Development and Gameplay:
It’s no surprise to gamers that as time goes on, we see more games being physically and
graphically advanced to the point where it all seems real. Thanks to the Fox Engine, the game has improved a lot. And as a bonus, 4K HDR will be supported to all consoles that have the
capability to do so (i.e. XBOX ONE X). The stadiums and stands are expected to nearly look like
their real world counterparts, depending on the time of day it’s set in. Here’s a fun fact:
Liverpool F.C. used in-game to reveal their alternate (third) kit for the 2018-2019 Premier
League season on their social media. And, according to their post, they are the first team to use a
video game to unveil a jersey.

What difference does it make? It’s a jersey..

(Credit: msn.com)

Gameplay-wise, the game is completely fast-paced. As any would expect in a soccer match, you
have to make some quick and elusive decisions on how your going to score or get the ball away
from the opposition. Mess up and there will be consequences. The main feature, according to the
Japanese company, is the Magical Moments feature, as it reflects on its amazing gameplay. Just
to add to the unique style of some world-class players, eleven new skill traits have been
implemented. The edge turn, the no look pass, the control loop, the dipping shot and the rising
shot are to name just a few. Also, player individuality has been taken up a notch to fit their real-
world counterparts. Whatever their strength or skill is, it will definitely impact gameplay motion.
And one more piece of something that has been improved, the full body touch. The ball we be
controlled based on people’s surroundings, making a fine touch for realistic like play. That’s
impressive of what they have done to improve the game.

Verdict:
I will not give this game a score because it hasn’t been released yet. However, what I can tell you
is that this game will show a promising lead towards the many installments that are yet coming.
Sure, that there are a number of drawbacks, but the new and improved elements of the game will
definitely make up for that. If you’re a soccer fan or want to buy it for some reason, I encourage
you to do it. By the way, how is EA doing with that license? And will their title top this?