The Sting

• January 15AP Students pick up a copy of the 2018-19 AP Bulletin from Student Services!

• January 14MLK Jr. Day: No School January 21st.

• January 14Save the Date! Winter Formal @RHS on January 26th!

• November 28Roswell's annual Powder Puff game has been postponed to next semester. More updates to come!

The Fashion Trends of this Fall

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Fashion Trends of this Fall

Junior, Margarita Delgado poses in her plaid flannel. Photo Credit: Natalie Navarra

Natalie Navarra, Staff Writer

Fall is officially here! The weather is cooler, the leaves are falling and fashion is changing. As everyone goes into fall there is always stress about what to wear. Fear not because some of the newest fall fashion trends are below.

80s Fashion

The eighties are back better than ever. Expect to see lots of poofy sleeves, shoulder pads, neon colors, mom jeans and fun crazy patterns.

Transparency

This unique trend has started since the spring and is still going strong. It is definitely a very bold look. You can go all transparent, but most people just put this into one aspect of their look. For example, a transparent bag or shoes. “It’s cool, hot, and fashion forward, but I don’t know if I would wear it,” said junior Grace Gebara. This trend is hard to put into to everyday wear, but it is very unique and fashion forward.

Colorful Plaid

For many years plaid has always been in trend. This year plaid, especially colorful plaid, is extremely on trend. Let Cher’s plaid look from Clueless inspire you. Plaid skirts are especially a must! Also try mixing different plaids together.

Animal print

It looks like animal print is going to make a roar this season. There is going to be lots of leopard print and snakeskin fabrics. Try to wear these patterns on your clothing rather than on your accessories.

Red

Red, red and more red. Red is taking over this fall. Dressing head to toe red is another big trend this fall. You will definitely catch everyone’s attention with this look. One of the most popular shades of red is “Valiant Poppy.”

Fashion Inspiration

People still struggle and do not know how to wear these trends in their everyday life. “I look around school, instagram and pinterest for my fashion inspiration,” said junior Grace Gebara. Looking at what other kids wear at school is one of the best ways to get fashion inspiration. Also, looking at what celebrities wear is another great way to see what is in. Just remember: do not be afraid to take risks.