The Sting

• January 15AP Students pick up a copy of the 2018-19 AP Bulletin from Student Services!

• January 14MLK Jr. Day: No School January 21st.

• January 14Save the Date! Winter Formal @RHS on January 26th!

• November 28Roswell's annual Powder Puff game has been postponed to next semester. More updates to come!

Preview of Just Dance 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Preview of Just Dance 2019

The cover of Just Dance 2019 was revealed at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2018. Photo Credit: theouterhaven.net

Fernando Castillo, Writer, Field Reporter

Just Dance 2019 is an upcoming rhythm motion game developed by Ubisoft Paris and published by Ubisoft. It is scheduled to be release on October 23, 2018 on the Nintendo Switch, Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, and XBOX 360. It will be the 10th installment of the main Just Dance series.

Gameplay of Just Dance is simple. It’s a dancing game for multiple players to use. Since it is supposed to be a dancing game that requires movement, Just Dance titles are mainly played with motion-sensing technology. It’s either played with motion controllers (Wii Remote) or camera sensors (XBOX Kinect). Players have the option to download the Just Dance Now app on their device. Each game has a collection of songs with their own choreographies. When a player plays any of the songs, a set of commands appear on the screen. The player must quickly and accurately mirror the commands. The amount of points scored is dependent on how accurate the player was. There are also “Gold Moves”. If the player strikes the Gold Pose, he or she will receive bonus points. After the song ends, the player receives a rank based on their performance.

As of Just Dance 2016, players can have a subscription will the Just Dance Unlimited service. These include a list of songs from the previous years and new ones that are only exclusive to the service. Part of Just Dance 2019 will include a one-month subscription, with over 400 songs to choose from. This service is only available to the eighth-generation consoles (Wii U, PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, and Nintendo Switch). For anyone who has older consoles, it seems like that generation is coming to an end.

Since each game is supposed to be better than the last, 2019 has some new and improved key features. The game is now more personalized than before, with the game keeping track of your habits and suggests content that you like. It’s basically like YouTube and its recommended videos. Kids Mode returns, with eight specific choreographies created from the health experts to encourage healthy movement. Players can use their smartphone to keep track and score moves without the help of the PlayStation Move, Kinect, Wii Remote, or camera. The game will allow 6 players maximum to play simultaneously. Notable songs like “Un Poco Loco” from Disney-Pixar’s Coco and “Shaky Shaky” by Daddy Yankee will be in the game, along with 25+ confirmed songs, most of them from 2018.

I would recommend this game for people who like to dance and those who are totally into the Just Dance series. Personally, I’m no dancer and have no interest in that department. But the video game has been put more in-depth with live features and with so much modernization. Kudos to Ubisoft.