Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker Engaged

Hannah Dieujuste, Staff Writer

Travis Barker surprises Kourtney Kardashian with a sweet sunset beach proposal. (Credit: @Kourtneykardash Instagram)

2 years ago, paparazzi made society believe that Travis Barker and Kourtney Kardashian were rumored to be seeing each other. That’s what the paparazzi made us believe after spotting them together grabbing dinner in Malibu. It didn’t help their case since the 2 have been friends for years and both live in a gated community in Calabasas, California. Let’s also not forget that the pair started posting pics of them in Kris Jenners Palm Spring home. This year all the rumors came true. 

On February 17th of this year the pair went Instagram official, starting to show their love and affection on each other post more. Then the month after even went out on a double date with Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox. As the months went by they started going on more trips with each other, even with Travis saying that Kourtney is the love of his life. To put the icing on the cake one of Travis 2 kids Alabama started referring to Kourtney as her “stepmom”.  

Skip to 2 months later October 17th, the couple announced their engagement. With the Instagram post getting over 8 million likes bringing joy to many hearts, also some hate. Following the engagement Scott Disick (father of Kourtney’s 3 kids and her ex-boyfriend) has been keeping his distance from the 2 but is still there for his kids. Everyone has their thoughts on this news Josiah Benjamin Sophomore says “Took them long enough, they’ve been friends for so long. Kourtney pretty much saved his life, he was a druggie and never wanted to get back on a plane because of his accident.” “I mean whatever makes them happy.” said by Cienna Haris Sophomore but like some of us were mostly shocked. Persia Kohzadpour sophomore says “I was shocked but good for them.” 

After the plane crash in 2008, Travis was badly injured mentally and physically. After losing 2 of his friends, he was scared to fly again but 13 years later he faced his fears with the love of his life Kourtney Kardashian. With them seeing through the hate and living their life to the fullest. Not taking anything from anyone, we’ll see what the future holds for this couple and their new family.