Varsity basketball team gears up for their upcoming season

Roswell+Hornets+basketball+home+court.+Photo+Credit%3A+Grady+Johnson+

Roswell Hornets basketball home court. Photo Credit: Grady Johnson

Grady Johnson, Staff Writer

Basketball is around the corner, and the first game for the 2019-2020 Roswell Varsity basketball team is Thursday, Nov. 14 at 7:30 P.M. 

The Hornets had a great year last year with an overall record of 24-6 and went undefeated in the region last year. Although they were undefeated last year, they fell short to Norcross in the postseason game, losing to them with a final score of 71-59. The team will have a tough first match up against Centennial, but in 2018, Hornets took the win 78-73. 

Even though they had an undefeated year, they have lost some seniors that helped the team a lot. 

“Each year you have to make adjustments. You lose some guys to graduation,” said Coach Philips. 

Those players will be leaving the Hornets and setting a great example for upcoming Hornets such as the juniors, which, by the looks of last year, will be able to repeat another a great year for the Hornets 2019-2020 Varsity basketball. The Hornets lost stars, such as Kolby Wade, a former Guard for the hornets and others, such as Miles Herron (Point Guard), but players that are returning will be senior George Pridgett (Guard). 

“It would be awesome if we were to take better shots and win region again to improve from last year. As you know the Hornets will be at home on Nov. 14  at 7:30 p.m., so come out, get loud and let’s get a win,” said Pridgett. 

Other members of the team are also excited for the upcoming season’s 25 games. 

“We’re playing Milton, so that will be an exciting game for the student body,” said Coach Philips.