Wrapping Up Cross-Country’s Successful Season

Grace Swift, Staff Writer

Both the boys and girls cross country team seasons finally came to an end this past weekend. The girls and boys team both had many accomplishments and achieved many things, including the varsity team qualifying for the state meet, only their second time in the last decade. The girl’s varsity team unfortunately did not make it to state, but did make it to regionals. The coaches for this year were Head Coach David Evans, Coach Sarah Allegood, Coach Bob White and Coach Addison Nieman.

The Cross-Country Team Had a Successful Season -Grace Swift

I asked sophomore Lynley Blocker, who has been on the cross country team for 2 years, what she enjoys about cross country and she answered “being on a team and the community that comes along with it.” Lynley says that she plans on doing cross country throughout all of high school. 

“I enjoyed the pasta dinners the night before the meet because it was when [we] got to the team better and bond with everyone,” said Lynley. 

I also interviewed sophomore Alli Wiggins about her experience on cross country and she said that she enjoyed the season and all the team bonding. She also went on to say that she plans on doing cross country throughout high school and her main goal is to be on the girl’s varsity team full team.

The team has had many bonding moments like pasta nights, including, spirit week, dress like a boy day, Roswell day, neon day and space out. Top girl runners go to Tropical Smoothie after runs and dye their hair green for regionals. There is also a summer camp before the season starts where the team goes to Tennessee and have lots of fun. Team bonding is very important on this team because it is an individual sport. Overall, the cross country team had a very successful season and created many bonds and friendships between people.