Hornets pumped for Track and Field season

Grace Swift

Track and field runners are getting ready to represent the R this season with practices and meets starting up soon. The head coach for track and field is Tim Feilen and hopefully with his help, the Hornets will have an amazing season and break new records.With a new season comes new friendships, new opportunities, and new goals. 

Unsplash
Track and field season is just around the corner and the runners could not be more excited.

This year both new and old runners will make up the track and field team, including sophomore Lynley Blocker, who is running her second year for Roswell High School. She said her favorite part about track season was “Meeting new people and going and competing at the track meets.” After being asked what she hopes to gain out of the track season, she continued by saying, “I hope I can gain a positive experience by showing up for practice and working together as a team to achieve our goals.” Lynley decided to return to track “because it was such a fun experience last year, and the coaches really encouraged everyone to be the best that they could which set a positive environment.” 

She hopes to be able to reach her own personal goals and bond with new teammates and maintain relationships she has with old runners as well.

Many new runners have also decided to join the team including sophomore Abhi Tayal, who is running his first year for Roswell High School. When asked what he was looking forward to gain out of track, he said, “I am hoping to work on my running technique and to become faster.” While improving this technique in running, he is also looking forward to running with his friends at meets and practices. He hopes to make new friends as well. Abhi said that he decided to do track this year because he wanted to be apart of a high school team and be able to feel like a part of a community, also so he could start new goals for himself in a sport. 

“It was such a fun experience last year, and the coaches really encouraged everyone to be the best that they could which set a positive environment.””

— Lynley Blocker

Overall, the track and field runners are excited for the season and can not wait to see what they can gain or achieve this season. Make sure to go support Lynley Blocker, Abhi Tayal and all the other runners at their meets and wish them good luck on their season and the goals they hope to reach.