Fulton’s Phases: What is the difference?

This is a photo of the reopening Matrix plan. Credit: Fulton County Schools

Jessie Schwitters

Fulton County Schools has begun phasing their students back into in person learning. The county started their “Phase 1” on September 8 and now plan to begin “Phase 3”, skipping “Phase 2”, and planning to start the next phase by September 21. 

Phase 1 was only accessible for students Pre-K-2nd grade, with one on one appointments accessible for grades 3-12. This phase offered half a day per week 90-minute learning sessions in person. It further offered half a day per week 180-minute learning sessions for students with special needs. 

Now Fulton decided to skip “Phase 2,” which would have had students coming back half days. 

Phase III is a voluntary opportunity for all students PreK-12 to receive instruction and support, one day per week. Students with Disabilities in Special Education Classes across grades 3-12 will receive instruction and support, one full day per week,” Fulton says.  

“Fulton County Schools works daily to ensure the health and well-being of our students and staff by developing, implementing, and delivering school health services throughout the year,” Fulton says. Fulton also stated plans to reopen are still not definite due to the ever-changing health of others with this pandemic to ensure the safety of their students and staff.

For more information about how Fulton is handling the corona pandemic and updates click here

For more information on Fulton County’s reopening plans click here.