Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer Spirit Night

Adleigh Wheeler (junior), Keenan Williams(senior) and Julian Zamudio (junior) walking out together on Spirit Night Photo Credits: Sadie Zeigler

Grace Swift, Editor - Opinion Page

On Tuesday, March 30th 2021, Roswell High School’s Varsity Soccer team held their annual Spirit Night. Last year, unfortunately due to Covid-19, only the Junior Varsity team was able to hold their Spirit Night, while Varsity was not able to. 

Lady Hornets playing on Spirit Night video credits: Grace Swift

This year many soccer players were excited to participate in Spirit Night, including Junior, Phoebe Rathbun, “Last year, I was on the JV soccer team so I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Spirit Night that we held last year. However, I am still excited for this year’s spirit night because I am now on the Varsity team and I am excited to represent the team. This year I am walking out with Samuel Valencia, he is a sophomore and is on the boy’s varsity team.” 

Junior, Adleigh Wheeler, was also excited about spirit night, “I am excited for spirit night because last year I was on varsity and we were not able to have spirit night because of Covid-19, which was upsetting. So I am extra excited to walkout this year and represent my team and Roswell High School as a whole. This year I am walking out with Julian Zamudio and I am also walking out with Keenan Williams (Senior) because we have more players on the girl’s team than the boy’s team so that is also fun as well.” 

The spirit consists of the boys giving the girls a rose and in exchange the girls give the boys sour patch kids. They then walk down the middle of the field together and take a photo at the end. This year photos were taken by Roswell’s own Sadie Zeigler, she is a Junior at Roswell High School. If you would like Sadie Zeigler to take any pictures of you or any sporting events, you can contact her at @photosbysadiez on Instagram. 

Here is the list of who walked out with who:

• Charlee Bernal and Ethan Belforte
  • Mairead Clark and David Blanton
  • Hadley Collier and Zach Foster
  • Lauren Connelly and Matthew House
  • Harlow Cregar and Gabe Ilenda
  • Kathryn Ferris and Dylan Marotta
  • Gigi Guinn and Cristian Morales
  • Lara Kennedy and Brett Peterson
  • Reghan Lednik and Daniel Ramirez
  • Katie Northenor and Luke Rosen
  • Ashley Meyer and Enrique Rigg
  • Bailey Oetinger and Jesus Solorio
  • Siyona Raina and Beau Thacker
  • Phoebe Rathbun and Samuel Valencia
  • Ansley Tanner and Owen Velez
  • Anne Tyrell, Catherine Wagner and Chase Wright
  • Adleigh Wheeler, Keenan Williams and Julian Zamudio

Before Spirit Night, the girl’s team had a game against Cherokee High School. They won the game 1-0, with Reghan Lednik scoring a goal against Cherokee. The boy’s team had a game after spirit night but unfortunately, lost 0-2 against Cherokee.