Disney+ wows customers, young and old alike

Noah Goulbourne, Staff Writer

On Nov. 12, 2019, Disney launched Disney+. Cnet.com says, “in little more than a day, Disney Plus registered more than 10 million people.” Disney+ also provides over five thousand TV episodes. The streaming service provides all your favorite Disney movies, TV shows and new Disney originals. Other content on the service includes Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar and National Geographic. The service also includes all thirty seasons of the Simpsons.

The Monthly the price is $7.00 and year round is $70. Disney+ is cheaper than HBO now and Netflix, so it appeals more to the buyers. Disney+ contains more family content rather than other streaming services, so if you have a family, I would recommend Disney+. Streaming services like Netflix and HBO have content that isn’t really family friendly. Disney+ can be streamed through Apple TV, Roku’s sticks, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung smart TVs and LG smart TVs.

Off the bat, Disney+ released a Star Wars original TV show, the Mandalorian. The Mandalorian is about a bounty hunter who travels across the galaxy for any prize he can get. So far, this is Disney Plus’s biggest hit, with a budget of “$15 million per episode.”

I recommend this service to everyone. Buying this service will bring back memories from your childhood. Disney+ is worth cancelling Netflix and HBO. With this service, there are no contracts, so you can cancel the service anytime you want. Disney+ isn’t for you if you are into R-rated movies.

“I plan to cancel Netflix because Disney Plus is cheaper, and it has more of the shows that I prefer,” says sophomore Matthew Shultz.

“I’m a frequent Netflix user, but Disney+ is giving Netflix a run for its money, so I’m going to give it a try,” says sophomore Brandon Foshaug.

Disney Plus has over 15 Original TV shows. Credit: TechRadar.com