Billie Eilish’s “Sophomore” album is finally here

Drew Maddox, Editor In Chief

“Happier than Ever” is the follow-up to Eilish’s 2019 debut “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?” (Credit: @billieeilish on Instagram)

“Happier than Ever” is the follow-up to Eilish’s 2019 debut “When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?”, It was released on July 30th of this year and had fans exhilarated. Billie started off by releasing songs “Your Power”, “Lost Cause”, and “NDA” before the album itself dropped. Fans were immediately deranged and had high expectations for “Happier Than Ever”. It’s a dark, confessional album where she shares secrets and proves points to her past self through lyrics.  

In one song in particular, “Not My Responsibility”, Eilish speaks on how people judge body, values, and even what she chooses to wear. For most of the song, she calls out these people, making a vast point to her listeners about the importance of self-love. Their opinions are not her responsibility.  

Billie’s fanbase is huge. They don’t listen just because she is a musically brilliant artist, or an imaginative singer-songwriter with the wildest ideas. The ways they relate to her music and listen with affection is the true meaning of why people are drawn to listen, and I recommend you do the same!  

Track number five titled, “Oxytocin”, is by far my personal favorite on her album. The way she accentuated the beat in the song really drove me in and caught my eye unlike any other song on the album. It’s a no skip song on my playlist, along with many others. By now we should not expect anything less from Eilish.