First semester is half over: How are the freshmen holding up?

Isabella Doss, Staff Writer

High school is a pretty drastic change from middle school; I would know as a freshman. I also know that the transition experience is different for everybody, so let’s look out for the freshmen and see how they’re doing.

Alexis Goland posing for a photo during her study hall at school. Photo provided by Goland.

The first freshman I interviewed was Alexis Goland. Her electives are AP Human Geography, Spanish 2 and Intro to Art. The most difficult class that she has signed up for is Biology Honors. Even though it is only the second month of school, Roswell High School is already easy for her to travel through at any time of day. As for the sophomores, juniors and seniors, Alexis has gotten along with many of them and has not run into those few that follow the stereotypes of upperclassmen.

Freshman Logan Boling poses with some of his friends. photo by Isabella Doss.

The next interviewee was Logan Boling. The electives that he has chosen for his freshman year are Health, Advanced Drama and Cosmetology. His most difficult class this year for him happens to be Algebra 1.

The school has been easy for him to navigate around in the first month of high school. The upperclassmen have been more than nice, not following the rumors that reach the ears of eighth graders.

The final person I interviewed was Sofia Garcia. Her freshman-year electives are Health, Japanese  and Band. The most difficult class for her, like Logan, is Algebra 1. She agrees that once you get the hang of the school, it won’t be so hard to get around and you’ll know it like the back of your hand. According to her, the upperclassmen at

Sofia Garcia smiles for a photo at the Roswell games with some of her friends. Photo provided by Garcia.

Roswell High School have been nothing short of kind and generous. In fact, most of the new friends she’s made this year have been students from a higher grade level.

All we can take away from these freshman confessions is that the hardest classes for freshmen really just depend on your area of expertise. For some it’s science and for others it’s math. For some it’s Literature and for others it’s a foreign language. Also, once you get the hang of your classes, you will be able to walk around the school like you yourself built it from the ground up all on your own. The rumors people like to share about upperclassmen aren’t very true. The only slight infliction of the upperclassmen not liking freshmen, is when even the other freshmen think they’re being annoying. As a whole, the freshmen are definitely beginning to adjust.