The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• May 1Happy May Hornets!
  • May 1It's playoff season! Good luck to all sports teams!
  • May 1Good luck with AP exams and finals Hornets!
  • January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Get to know your Homecoming King and Queen

Senior Carolina Jenacova and Senior Walker Routt standing proudly after being announced homecoming King and Queen. Alongside them stands Junior Henry Hampel who participated in the homecoming court. (Credit: Caroline Jenacova)

Roswell announced their King and Queen to be Senior Walker Routt and Senior Caroline Jenacova. 

Jenacova is one of the captains for Varsity sideline cheer and competes on Roswell’s travel competition team. Jenacova always encourages her teammates to stay motivated even when times are tough and plays a great role of a leader, but also a friend. Jenacova then proceeds to share her thoughts and feelings once she was announced Homecoming Queen, she said, “When I was informed that I as nominated for homecoming queen, I was nervous, but I also felt honored to have an opportunity to represent my involvement with RHS. Throughout the process I kept a positive attitude, knowing it was an accomplishment in its own to be nominated, but when they announced I had won, it was a special feeling that I will remember forever. Knowing I had the support of my peers made me so grateful to be a part of such a great community.” 

Walker Routt is the club leader of UGA heroes which is an organization that helps with children dealing with aids, he also is the President of FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Routt is a wonderful leader and role model and stands out amongst his peers. Routt said, “It felt great knowing you’re liked among classmates.” He then explained the process of running for homecoming court, “I had to fill out forms stating what my plans would be for after graduation and I kept my parents in the loop since they’d be walking with me at half time.” 

Routt and Jenacova are amazing representatives of our school and show their Roswell hornet pride throughout their everyday life. Being named homecoming king and queen was just an event that truly showcased their achievements.  

Jenacova said, ““When I was informed that I as nominated for homecoming queen, I was nervous, but I also felt honored to have an opportunity to represent my involvement with RHS. Throughout the process, I kept a positive attitude, knowing it was an accomplishment in its own to be nominated, but when they announced I had won, it was a special feeling that I will remember forever. Knowing I had the support of my peers made me so grateful to be a part of such a great community.” (Credit: Caroline Jenacova )