The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The City of Prague

The beautiful and old style architectural clock located in Union Square. (Credit: Annabelle Thompson)

On our first day of touring, we did a lot of walking and experienced the culture and cold breeze of Prague. Our first stop was at a local restaurant called “Kozlovna” and we enjoyed some tasty fried bread with a garlic cheese spread. After our lunch, we went to the old town square for the rest of the evening. While in Old town square, we saw the astronomical clock which is the oldest clock that is working, it was first installed in 1410. We then made our way to some shops and finished off our evening at a café where we enjoyed coffee and hot chocolate before taking the tram back to our Airbnb.  

The second day of our travel was spent primarily shopping and spending time with our family. Up until 4:00 we spent our hours walking around, shopping, and just exploring the city. At 4:00 our tour, “The Taste of Prague” began. This tour was incredible and an amazing experience. Our tour guide walked us through the city and took us to restaurants that were filled with history and culture. It was a great way to try new things and learn about the history of Prague. I recommend doing this tour if ever given the opportunity.

The third day we spent on a tour bus which takes you to many historical and monumental areas throughout the city while you listen to the tour guide explain the history that happened at each place. I really enjoyed this because it allowed us to get off at any spot to tour and to walk around, which allowed us to see so many places in one day. My favorite spot we were dropped off at would be Wenceslas Square. This area was filled with shops, restaurants, and beautiful old buildings. It was so pretty and there were lots to do and see. 

The fourth day was spent at Prague Castle. This castle was extremely beautiful and despite the freezing cold weather, it was so cool to see and experience. This castle was built in the 9th century and is home to the President. There are so many different areas to explore in the castle and they are all very beautiful. We then made our way over to the changing of the guard, which is a formal ceremony where one group of soldiers is replaced by another group of soldiers, at 12:00 which was an amazing sight, and it was so interesting to observe. To end our day, we went to the Strahov Monastery, which is the oldest Premonstratensian monastery in Bohemia, which was also very neat to see, we enjoyed a lovely meal before returning to the Airbnb. 

For our fifth day of being in Prague, we enjoyed a nice river cruise that toured the city. This was a beautiful event and I enjoyed it so much. I recommend the cruise because it was so pretty and relaxing, overall, it was an enjoyable way to spend the day. We learned lots about the history of Prague on this boat ride and got to see so many new sights in Prague. After our cruise was over, we spent the rest of the day walking around the city and viewing landmarks like the Charles Bridge. 

For our final day before traveling home, we spent our hours shopping and spending time with our family. We went down to a very large mall with so many stores. This was a great way to kill time and still have fun before returning home the next day. 

Overall, my trip to Prague was phenomenal and I enjoyed every moment. This is definitely a great place to travel to with your family. It was so beautiful and there were a variety of fun activities.