Carve Out the Best Fall Season With 3 Unbe-leaf-ably Good Activities

This smiling pumpkin is just one of many cute and scary designs you can carve with friends and family. Photo Credit: Gemma Muellerhill

Gemma Mueller-Hill, Staff Writer

As the temperatures transition from hot to cold and the leaves from green to red, autumnal activities transition from drab to new. With so many changes happening in the weather and in entertainment, it can be hard to choose where to invest your time to have the most festive and enjoyable fall. In order to make it a little easier, I have selected what I believe to be the three best fall activities. 

Starting at the top of the list, is cozying up at home and watching a scary or Halloween themed movie. This activity is first on my list because it can be done individually or with friends and family, and is relatively inexpensive as many good movies can be found on popular streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime. Senior Marlee Greenspan agrees and states, “watching movies like Halloweentown transports me into another world.” When asked how important she felt watching Halloween movies was to enjoying the fall season, she said September and October wouldn’t be the same without it. 

The next recommended activity on my list is a nature walk with one of your favorite fall beverages. A stroll through the vibrant red and orange leaves with a warm drink can feel therapeutic, allow for a break from all the stressors of school, and is completely free! Senior Veronica Soroka recommends the “caramel pumpkin latte from Crazy Love, which has the perfect amount of fall spices and isn’t overly sweet.” 

Falling last but not least on my list is pumpkin carving. The versatility of carving pumpkins can make for an eventful few hours of entertainment that act as an outlet for creativity and stress. Senior John Aehl says he’s always really enjoyed pumpkin carving with his family and has a lot of friends that also participate in the messy but fun tradition. 

Click here to check out Drew Maddox’s article to read more student opinions on fall festivities  

Fall is in full swing in Roswell and one way you can take advantage of the great weather is a nature walk through Leita Rhompson Memorial Park.