Becky Albertalli visits Roswell High School

Sylvia Nelson

On Apr. 15 author Becky Albertalli came to visit students in the auditorium to discuss questions, how to be a writer and talk about her new upcoming work. Albertalli had such a warm and comforting presence at the event; she answered students questions with answers that were beyond what the students were looking for. She also showed the audience some cool facts for some upcoming and past projects, but we were sworn to secrecy. We started out with a Q & A and some of the questions were about how she comes up with her ideas. Alberalli has written a few books, such as “What if it’s us”, “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda” and “Love, Simon”, just to name a few. She is best known for her book “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda,” which was turned into a major motion picture about Simon a high schooler who is gay and falls in love with a classmate but hasn’t told his friends or family. The event was awesome and included learning so many things and seeing the behind the scenes aspects of the books were cool. The books are on sale at Target, Barnes and Noble, Amazon and many other places.

“I only showed for extra credit but, in the end, ended up learning a lot and enjoyed it,” said junior Keely Goodloe.

Albertalli is the best-selling author of Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda
Credit:Goodreads