A look at Student Services college visits

Counselors+encourage+students+to+consider+attending+college+visits.%0ACredit%3A+Bridget+Frame+

Counselors encourage students to consider attending college visits. Credit: Bridget Frame

Bridget Frame

Juniors and seniors getting ready for their college decisions have many resources at their fingertips. One of the best ones to use for a student to find their perfect fit is college visits.

Student Services works with colleges to organize visits to Roswell for interested students. The universities discuss admissions, student activities and other facets of college life. These visits help colleges see students who have an interest in admission to their schools and for the students to get an inside look at the university’s ideals.

Amy Short, Student Services Department Chair, explained the motivations of colleges coming to Roswell.

“They [colleges] are trying to get facetime in front of students from good high schools, the kinds of students they know they want to have. That can succeed at the college level and they tell them about the admissions information, activities they can be involved in,” said Short.

The process of getting colleges to Roswell is all based on what colleges reach out to the high school.

College admission’s counselors that are based in Georgia or Fulton County reach out to local schools to recruit the students. 

Student interaction has been up and down, with more popular schools being the highly visited ones.

Emma Manapalas, senior, attended the Tulane College visit. 

“It was good to see my admissions rep and be able to ask him, a former student, questions,” said Emma. 

While the visits are a great opportunity for students to further their college prospects, the visits to them have been waning. Students Services is always open to comments or questions from students. Make sure to register online for college visits! Student Services encourages all students to attend the college visits and use your resources.