The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Recap: Taylor Swift’s Era’s Tour

Our overall favorite outfit change of her shows. Taylor looks so beautiful and majestic in her dress while she sings “Enchanted.” This was the only song she played from “Speak Now” so we can see why she made it so special. (Credit: Ava Golightly)

For three consecutive nights, Taylor Swift had back-to-back shows at the Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta. Three of our staff members went to the Era’s Tour, and we all have unique observations to share from our shows. 

Friday, April 28  

Ava’s review 

When I was seven years old, I went to Swift’s Reputation tour in 2017. Ever since then, I have been one of Taylor’s biggest fans. I wanted her to go on tour for every single album she came out with but due to the COVID pandemic, she didn’t have any. When I found out that she was going to have a tour including all her albums, I was beyond ecstatic.  

This was one of the best concerts I have ever attended. The lighting work, songs that were played, and voice control were insane. My surprise songs were “Coney Island” and “The Other Side of the Door.” Personally, I did not know those songs, so I was a bit bummed by that part, but she still sang beautifully. 

Saturday, April 29 

Annabelle’s Review  

On April 29, I went to Taylor Swift’s Eras tour, and it was the best night ever. For months I had been fighting for tickets and hoping that I would get the opportunity to experience her live for the first time. Once I finally had tickets in my hands, I got extremely excited and began planning my outfit. 

When Saturday finally came around, my mom and I went down to Atlanta around 2 p.m. and spent some time walking around and exploring the downtown area, and then we finally got to go inside when the opening acts began at 6:30 and Swift can out at 8:00 

Everything about the concert was incredible, the music, the lights, the stage, the dancing, our surprise songs (“High Infidelity” and “Gorgeous”), just everything in general. The surprise songs were so fun to hear live and I’m so glad I got to experience them. There was only one malfunction during the concert, and it was with Swifts inner ears, but they fixed it so quickly and the rest of the concert went smoothly. I had an amazing time, and no concert will ever top that one.  

Sunday, April 30 

Drew’s Review  

I grew up listening to Taylor Swift, even since her debut album in 2006 came out. I danced around the house to her songs, bought all the merch I saw, and my room was covered with pictures of her. My dad encouraged me to listen to her, and I am so thankful he introduced her music to me because of the impact it’s had on my life. He soon took me to her “Red” Tour in Nashville and from then on, I grew more obsessed. Since Taylor’s “Reputation” Tour in 2018, I have been waiting for her to announce when she would go on tour again. That day finally came in Nov. 2022. 

This was my third time seeing Taylor in concert, and I may have to say it was the best time. The fact that she played from each era of her singing career amazed me and brought me back to different eras in my childhood through high school.  

I honestly can’t pick a favorite part of my show because it was all unbelievable, but the surprises Swift brought were epic. First, she played “I Bet You Think About Me,” which is a song she had never played live before. I was honestly shocked when she played it since it isn’t as popular, but it is one of my favorite songs off the “Red” (Taylor’s Version) vault tracks. The second surprise song she played was “How to Get the Girl” which elevated my excitement level. It is off her album “1989,” which is one of my favorite albums she has.  

Overall, Taylor will always have a place in my heart, and I am beyond proud of her and am thankful I get to watch her succeed.