The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Look into Zach Bryan’s New EP – Deep Satin

Deep Satin Album Cover. (Credit: SoundCloud)

Young country popstar Zach Lane Bryan released an unannounced EP, “Deep Satin,” on Sept 22, 2023. This short collection of songs only consists of five tracks. Bryan recently released a 16-song, self-titled album in late August. Zach Bryan’s New Self-titled Album. While “Zach Bryan” consisted of many different features, this new release consists of two features, Noah Kahan (Sarah’s Place) and Bon Iver (Boys of Faith).  

Bryan initially became popular in Sept. 2019 when he released his first single “Heading South.” Shorty after, he released his first studio recorded album “DeAnn.” Since then, Bryan has gained millions of followers and listeners. 

This EP introduces more of an American folk take on these songs rather than his typical country route.  

My personal favorite song is Deep Satin. I have heard many different parts of this song on other social media platforms and already had a great liking for it, so I became very excited to see it was officially released. This song discussed the complexities of relationships as well as a lot of nostalgia. It leads the listener into a journey of wanting to find a way back home and find a loving relationship. 

Overall, I would rate this unexpected EP 4/5 stars. While I do appreciate the slightly different tone of song Bryan is singing, his typical country music is still my favorite.  

Zach does a great job in all his self-written songs trying to bring different emotions and feelings to his audience. It is a way that he connects to them and has grown such a following through not only his soothing voice, but his loaded lyrics.