The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Hornet Spotlight Featuring Emelyn Baldi, Madison Reep, and Eliza House

Sophomore Emelyn Baldi has been doing gymnastics since she was four years old. Gymnastics has mentally and physically impacted her everyday life; however, it is the sport she loves the most. Through all ups and downs, she said, “the gym will always be my place to output stress.” However, Emelyn does not plan on doing gymnastics professionally, but she enjoys practicing for her club team. She plans to use the school’s competition team as extra practice for the future. She was put into the sport originally because of her parents, she explained, “however I wanted to continue because of how much progress I made quickly.” She looks up to her coaches, her biggest supporters, and the people who help her through her tough times.

Emelyn loves gymnastics and all the fun practices they get to partake in. Here she is posing with sophomore Nagna Diobate during a Halloween themed practice. (Credit: Emelyn Baldi)

Junior Madison Reep has been doing chorus for eight years now. It has brought her newfound friendships and amazing opportunities. She says, “it depends on the college but I might do chorus still.” Her love for singing is the reason she started chorus. She has loved singing ever since she was young which pointed her in this direction. Reep said, “I always loved musicals and singing with other people,” which pointed her in the direction of chorus. She has an amazing mentor who makes sure everyone is happy and teaches the best ways for learning how to sing, which fuels her love for chorus and the community it brings.

Freshman Eliza House joined the junior hornet cheer team four years ago. The cheer community has taken over her entire life for the better. House always finds herself in the gym where she relieves stress and works to gain more skills and plans does plan to cheer throughout the rest of high school.. Her mom was there to influence and persuade her into starting,My mom said it could be fun, so I tried it out and really liked it,” House said. She looks up to Nayland Ryzek who is a sophomore varsity cheerleader, who she feels is a good leader. She gives Eliza the motivation she needs to keep going. 

8th grade Eliza poses for her 23-24 season cheer photo at Ray Manus stadium.(Credit: Eliza House)
Madison Reep posed with her chorus before a concert. They are always so excited and get together for group photos. (Credit: Madison Reep)