What do the girls’ varsity basketball team expect from the upcoming season?

+Ella+wants+to+play+basketball+for+Roswell+High+School+as+long+as+she+can.+She+says+%E2%80%9CI+have+never+been+on+a+team+like+this+one%2C+I+could+call+everyone+on+the+team+family.%E2%80%9D+Photo+credit%3A+Annie+Bowers.

Ella wants to play basketball for Roswell High School as long as she can. She says “I have never been on a team like this one, I could call everyone on the team family.” Photo credit: Annie Bowers.

Annie Bowers, Staff Writer

Last year the Lady Hornets had a rough season with 13 wins and 15 losses. Tryouts were recently hosted on October 22 for the new season. With a total of 7 freshman trying out, and 3 of them making the varsity team, so far this season has had a different outcome. The team had a great preseason to prepare for the 2018-19 season. The first game was a non-conference game at home against Arabia Mountain on Tuesday, November 13.

Arabia Mountain had a great season last year with 21 wins and only 3 losses. The fighting rams came all the way from Lithonia, Georgia. This was Roswell High School and Arabia Mountain High School’s first game of the season, so far the Lady Hornets have done great with their only loss to Arabia Mountain and Lassiter High School.

Freshman Ella Boyle participated in preseason and made the varsity team. Here’s what Ella thinks about her first season playing basketball at Roswell High: She says “The team looked really good during preseason and tryouts, but I am not sure what the other teams about the teams we are going to be playing”. She played for team last year, but she attended many varsity and junior varsity basketball games. Ella says “I am very excited for this season and the team is definitely different from last year. We having been practicing as much as possible and I think that we are very prepared”.

The Lady Hornets put up at strong fight, but Arabia Mountain won with a final score of 71-49. The Lady Hornets are excited to start the season just as much as Roswell High School students are. With football soon coming to strong finish the students at Roswell High are excited to cheer on another winning team.