Flag Football Star Katie Northenor Honored at Atlanta Falcons Game 

Katie Northenor standing with Atlanta Falcons mascot. (Credit: Katie Northernor)

Abby Fisher, Staff Writer

During the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers game on the 30th of October Roswell’s flag football player Katie Northenor got to be on the field while players were warming up, lead the team out of the tunnel and she even did a t-shirt gun toss before the game. Being a finalist for the Trailblazer award she was also honored during the first quarter break.    

The Trailblazer award is given out each year to recognize Georgia high school flag football programs and the athlete’s that embody excellence on and off the field. The Trailblazer award is a prestigious award that is modeled after the NFL, Walter Payton Man of the Year Award. The Atlanta Falcons honor the student athletes at a home game where they are spotlighted for their achievement, additionally they receive a commemorative item on the behalf of the Atlanta Falcons 

Northenor explains, “It was one of the best experiences of my life. I was super excited, but also very nervous. The people there were so nice and welcoming, making the whole experience incredible.”   

Currently, Northenor plays in 3 varsity sports at Roswell: flag football, track and field, and soccer. Her favorite has been flag football. She says, “It is so much fun to play, and my teammates and coaches make the season amazing.”