The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• May 1Happy May Hornets!
  • May 1It's playoff season! Good luck to all sports teams!
  • May 1Good luck with AP exams and finals Hornets!
  • January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

How to Handbook

How to Finish Out the Year Strong
How to Handbook

The end of the year can be stressful, overwhelming, and exhausting. However, it’s important to still try your best and follow through until the last day. To do this, you need to take the reins and make it a little easier for yourself. It’s all about staying focused and motivated.  

You should stay organized and keep track of assignments, their due dates, and all deadlines. Having so many things to do can be very overwhelming and stressful, but making a list and prioritizing your work can make a huge difference in your workload.  I recommend using a calendar, a planner, or sticky notes to keep track of your upcoming work. 

Another big recourse to finish the year strong is to stay motivated! We are so close to summer and only have a few more weeks until we can focus less on our schoolwork and focus more on our summer activities! Let the lake and beach days begin!

This quote encourages you to stay motivated, even when there’s only a few weeks left. Let that motivate you instead of stress you out! (Credit: Crossfit Reclaim)

Reflect on your year and what you can improve for next year. Learn from your mistakes and make your 2024-2025 year the best yet. For example, I know I need to start on my homework earlier, because when I wait too long, I get tired and less motivated to study and then end up not doing it. 

A huge part in all of this is staying positive. A Positive mindset makes for a positive attitude which can make your days so much better and stress-free and the people around you happier! Focus on the good things ahead and it’ll make your days go by that much faster and make them more enjoyable.  

Lastly, manage your time wisely. When you procrastinate and delay getting your work done, it can make you lazier and make you not put as much work and time into your assignments. I like to make a list of all my homework, then mark my most important assignments, down to my least, and do them in that order. This helps me a lot less stressed because its out of the way and I’m not doing it the night its due.