The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Is e.l.f. Really Worth the Hype?

Elf+and+Charlotte+Tilbury+products+posed+next+to+each+other.+%28Credit%3A+Abby+Fisher%29+
Elf and Charlotte Tilbury products posed next to each other. (Credit: Abby Fisher)

e.l.f. cosmetics are known for their affordable, cruelty-free makeup and skincare products, making their products a very widely popular choice. I personally use a lot of the products made by e.l.f. and they truly have given me the best results. 

There are many competitors in the cosmetic company, and e.l.f. has surpassed them by creating a more affordable version, this is what we call “dupes”. 

For example, another huge cosmetic brand would be Charlotte Tilbury. One of the brands most well-known products is called flawless filter, it’s an alternative to foundation and still gives you good coverage while adding a beautiful extra glow to your look. Charlotte Tilbury’s flawless filter retails for $49.00, so e.l.f. saw this and made their product Halo Glow, which works the exact same but retails for $14.00.  

They have made multiple “dupes” from primers to bronzers, but they have created better formulas that work smoother at a more affordable cost. They have accomplished being a top producer for the consumers as well as producing good products. A lot of influencers today sponsor e.l.f. cosmetics and their amazing products. 

Personally, I own a lot of e.l.f.’s products like their halo glow, power grip primer, halo glow contour, highlighter, blush, hydrating camo concealer, brow lift, whoa glow face spf, and lastly the holy hydration face moisturizer. All these products are truly beneficial to your skin and your make up base. They are made with amazing beneficial materials and truly leave you with a beautiful finish. I definitely would recommend e.l.f. cosmetics to anyone in need of an affordable alternative to today’s trends.