The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Sephora versus Preteens

These young girls must realize that they will have their time as a teenager, but as of now, they should stick to stores and products which are catered to them. (Credit: Lace and Lollipops)

Typically, the popular makeup store Sephora is for teenagers who are high schooler’s and above, who are mature and know how to use makeup products properly. Recently, the pre-teens have decided to take over.

TikTok trends show 10-year-olds inside of Sephora destroying products in stores. This is very disrespectful and immature and there needs to be more done, for example parent supervision and more information about what skincare/makeup is appropriate for them.

Not only is this disrespectful, but the skincare they are using contains toxins that harm their skin rather than helping it. At their age, it really isn’t necessary to be spending the money they are on these products, and beauty experts agree.  Not only are these products pricey, but they’re even more damaging to children’s skin.

When I was 10 years old, I was getting the dollar tree moisturizer for my skin thinking I was cool if I was lucky enough. Over time, social media has played a huge role in this, and these trends that are being posted are the cause of kids buying pricy products, and products that are very pricy are being used by very young girls, which my mom would never buy me at that age. Social media has played a huge role in this, and these trends that are being posted are the cause of kids buying pricy products.

These young girls are creating bad environments in the Sephora stores by pushing people out of the way, being disrespectful to workers, and overall, these products are just not necessary for them at their age. Their actions in Sephora show more than just the negative impacts of social media at a young age, but it also tests their parents parenting and it’s shown how that needs to be changed.