The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Will Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce “Stay?”

Taylor and Travis out together surrounded by all the paparazzi. This night went viral on social media as it seems Travis has red lips supposedly from Taylors classic red lip look. This was one of their first sightings in public together. (Credit: Johnny Nunez/ Getty Images)

Beginning in September, worldwide popstar Taylor Swift and NFL’s most known tight end, Travis Kelce, went public with their alleged relationship. Although they have not verbally confirmed any romance, the entertainment industry is raving over this couple as it crosses between the sports and music industries. 

Before seeing the two together, Kelce attended an Eras Tour show in Arrowhead Stadium, where his team the Kansas City Chiefs play. Kelce made a friendship bracelet, but he included his phone number on it. Kelce’s intention was to give it to Swift by the end of the night. In a July episode of Travis and Jason Kelce’s podcast, New Heights, Kelce talks about that night at the Eras Tour. He said, “I was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs that she sings, so I was a little butthurt I didn’t get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her.” 

Taylor cheering Travis on when the Chiefs took on the Bears. This was the first of many games Taylor has attended. (The Rolling Stone )

You can watch this segment of New Heights here to get more insight.  

Regardless of the bracelet fiasco, Kelce invited Swift to attend the next Chiefs game on Sept. 24 once again through his New Heights podcast since he failed to give her his phone number. The word got out and since then things have escalated, and Swift has missed very few recent Chiefs games. After Swifts first NFL appearance, Kelce has claimed he and his team play better with Swift in attendance. On October 29, the Broncos unexpectedly upset the Chiefs. This was the first game that Swift had missed since romance began, and the Chiefs happened to take the loss. 

Since the two both have huge fanbases, many eyes are following the status of their relationship.  

Most NFL fans claim that Swift has “ruined Sunday night football” or she is mistaken for “making Kelce famous.” As one of the most successful tight ends in the NFL, Kelce already had a huge following without Swifts fans coming into the picture. His sudden spike in popularity is not something Swift can take all the credit for based only on their sudden relationship.

Meanwhile, the Swifties are obsessing over this good-looking couple and claiming that Swift is radiating happiness ever since the start of this relationship.  

On a more recent note, on November 11 Kelce traveled to Argentina with Swift for the start of her international leg of the Eras Tour. During her performance of “Karma,” she changed the line “Karma is the guy on the screen” to “Karma is the guy on the Chiefs.” The crowd went wild as this was the first time Swift had publicly stated that she and Kelce were in fact in a relationship, and her changing lyrics mid-song is unlike her. Not only was there a lyric change, but after the show Swift ran to Kelce and jumped into his arms, greeting him with a hug and kiss for all of her fans to see.  

There is a lot more to come from this media breaking couple, but for now I guess you can say that sparks are flying between the two and the whole world is watching.