The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Warm Coat Drive for Families in Need

Canned-Food Drive poster hung up here at Roswell relating to NFCC coat drive. (Credit: Reese Neal)

Every year, North Fulton Community Charities (NFCC) holds a charity event to make sure families in the community have the winter clothes and coats they need. This year, the charity event is being held Nov. 6-11.  

Many communities have come together with the NFCC every year to make sure all families have the winter accessories they need.  NFCCs website states, “In 2022, we provided close to 1,100 coats and 2,700 accessories to families in need.”  You can help by donating any winter clothes and accessories from Nov. 6-11 at St. David’s Episcopal church. You can also volunteer this same week as well by signing up through the NFCC’s website.  

One way to help with this event includes donating money to ensure families can purchase winter items. Whether it’s $25 or $100, this money will help provide families with winter items such as mittens, scarves, coats, and more. 

Another way to help is by donating gently worn or new winter items. Varieties of sizes are needed, and any winter clothing or accessories are appreciated. NFCC needs help with sorting the items by size or clothing.  

NFCC’s website said that this year’s event will be held in simultaneously with our Thanksgiving Food program at St. David’s Episcopal Church for the convenience of the families.  

Charity organizations are essential for helping people in need. They provide assistance to families in need by offering essential services such as food, lodging, clothes, and so much more.  

Sophomore Grace McCauley has participated in many previous charity events. McCauley said, “I love charities because I like helping other people and filling my time with important things.”  

McCauley claims that her favorite memory of a past charity events she participated in was when she served food to families in need and “everyone was having so much fun with smiles on their faces.”  McCauley said, “I hope to create a welcoming and warm environment for everyone that walks through the door and

North Fulton Community Charities coats being donated and sorted on tables for a charity drive. (Credit: North Fulton Community Charities)

help them enjoy their experience. I let people know they are welcome and want to make them feel comfortable at every event.” 

To volunteer with this Warm Coat Drive or future events visit the NFCC website!