The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!
  • January 29Prom Theme Announced: Enchanted Evening
  • January 29Stay warm Hornets!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New Restaurant Playa Bowls

The vibrant entrance to a Playa Bowl location in Alpharetta. (Credit: Abby Fisher)

On March 25, 2023, the franchise Playa Bowls decided to add their newest store in Milton, Georgia. This location joined three others in Georgia, those being in Sandy Springs, Sugar Hill, and Alpharetta.  This year they also plan open two more locations in Georgia, one in Peachtree Corners and one in Athens. Production started in early August of last year.

Playa Bowls winter seasonal “winter specials” menu. (Credit: Sam Pais)
A detailed version of the Playa Bowls menu at the new location in Alpharetta. (Credit: Sam Pais)

Since opening day, my friends and I have been back numerous times. I found the new location to be very spacious and I admire the vibrant colors portrayed on the walls filled with drawings that make you feel like you are in a beach town. This new location offers numerous variations of bowls to choose from. What I liked about the restaurant is that if you like the toppings of the premade bowls but do not care for the base of the bowl, you can switch it out or even do half and half of two bowls for no extra charge at all.

In addition to the bowls that you can purchase, Playa Bowls also offer smoothies, oatmeal bowls, and coffee which all include seasonal options. One of my favorites was a peppermint smoothie in honor of the Christmas season that was brought to the menu last Dec. and removed early in Jan.

The thing that I would say that I loved the most about the new Playa Bowls restaurant is their ingredients are fresh and none of them are processed. The menu also consists of vegan and gluten-free options. In addition, I like how you can add ingredients or modify your bowl or smoothie to accumulate for whole 30, keto, and Paleo diets. Overall, I would rate Playa Bowls a nine out of ten because I admire their vast choice of selection on their menu. One thing I would change are the prices of the bowls since they are on the high side of around $13 average per bowl.