The Student News Site of Roswell High School

The Sting

• May 1Happy May Hornets!
  • May 1It's playoff season! Good luck to all sports teams!
  • May 1Good luck with AP exams and finals Hornets!
  • January 31Graduation date has been announced, set your calendars for May 21st seniors!

The Sting

The Sting

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Explore Fortnite’s “Myths & Mortals” Chapter and “Avatar” Collab

Promotional image featuring four out of five members of Team Avatar in which they exhibit their bending abilities. (Credit: Epic Games)

The “new” season of Fortnite “Myths & Mortals” was released back on the Mar. 8, 2024. It brought along new enemies, cosmetics, items, and Points of Interest (POI). The “Avatar: The Last Airbender” collab also came out during this season, released on Apr. 12, 2024, brought along some new items and cosmetics.

This season brought along some new items and medallions. The medallions, just like last season, are locked behind bosses. There are four bosses named after Greek figures located around the map: Cerberus, Hades, Ares, and Zeus. These medallions give you certain effects. Such as: a speed and jump boost (Zeus), dashes that recharge overtime (Cerberus), siphon (Hades), and a damage increase (Ares).

With the introduction of this season, they also included some new weapons and brought back some old ones along with introducing new consumables. This season, they replaced the Striker with the War forged AR. They also removed the Riot Shields, and the Grapple Blade and replaced them with the Wings of Icarus, which grants the player the ability to fly around the map at will. They introduced a new shogun. The Gatekeeper Shotgun. This shotgun only has 3 shots and a triangular reticle. However, it has a fast reload speed. They also added the DMR back.

There were also new items added. One being the Banana of the Gods, which provides the player with a speed and just boost, and heals them overtime, once eaten however the effects are just temporary and don’t last forever. They also added the Chain of Hades that allows the player to pull in faraway items and enemies, or deal damage from far away. They added Bubble Shield Jr.’s, and Hand Cannons. They also added Zeus’s Thunder Bolt which has three ammo and allows you to shoot 3 bolts of lightning with the last bolt being the strongest.

Last Friday, the “Avatar: The Last Airbender” collab came out, and with that they added four new mythics to the game, along with a couple new buildings. They also released many skins alongside this update. The new mythics that were added are dedicated to the four types of bending in the show. The bending types include Air, Fire, Water, and Earth. This relates to the new structures that are found around the map. The structures are temples, and in each temple, there is a scroll in the middle that drops two mythics that correspond with the temple’s elemental type. Each mythic has its own ability that makes it a unique close-range attack. Water bending is a long rage projectile and provides healing when in water. And lastly, Earth bending allows you to create earth walls and shoot chunks of earth at enemies.